Usually when fudge making is going on in my house there are lots of kitchen gadgets and tools that go along with the ingredients. You know, the silicone spatula for stirring, the candy thermometer for reaching JUST the right temp so your fudge will set correctly…. those kinda things. When I was at the grocery store recently I saw a bag in the candy isle that I hadn’t seen in a while, Old Fashioned Creme Drops! I was VERY excited to come across these so I picked up a couple of bags and headed home with them. Once I got home and got everything unloaded and was reading on the package of the creme drops I realized that those might be just the thing to make fudge out of. It already had the chocolate part covered and the marshmallow cream part covered…. so why not give it a try?! Man, am I ever glad I tried crock pot creme drop fudge! They were delicious… beyond delicious, they were perfect. The perfect amount of sweet without being too rich. The perfect consistency without being too soft or too hard. They weren’t grainy at all. They melted in your mouth, coating your tongue and making you close your eyes to savor the moment. The truly were the perfect fudge. And my family devoured it in less than 2 hours after I cut it into bite sized pieces (and no one lost a finger during this either…. ’cause that’s how we roll!).
I will definitely be making this fudge for the holidays this year. It will be seen on my dessert trays and as gifts (friends and family, pretend like you didn’t just read that part (: ). Here is how I did it:
- (2) 10 oz bags of old fashioned creme drops
- 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 heaping Tablespoons of butter
- Place ingredients in a 1 1/2 – 2 quart crock pot.
- Secure a couple of layers of paper towels with lid to absorb any condensation during the cooking process.
- Turn to low and cook for 45 minutes – an hour.
- Remove lid and stir.
- Replace lid and cook additional 15 – 45 minutes until all ingredients have been completely melted and can be stirred until smooth and glossy looking, making sure there are no lumps left.
- Pour mixture into an 8″x8″ foil lined pan that has been lightly greased.
- Let sit for at least 3 – 4 hours on counter top until completely cooled before cutting.
P.S.Here is what the package of creme drops looks like in case anyone forgot.
I really need to know exactly where to find this exact bag of creme drops!!! Please someone help me!!!!