This crock pot roasted chicken and baked potatoes is a great one pot wonder meal. I love to make this meal when I know there is going to be no time to cook something else to accompany my crock pot meal. I think (nah… I know) that when you try this you’re gonna love it as much as I do.
– 3 bone in chicken breasts (or however many will fit in whatever size crock pot you’re using)- Seasoning rub (poultry season or any other seasoning you like–I’ve used lemon pepper and a barbecue rub before too)- 4 medium potatoes, washed- Foil
Rub chicken well with seasoning rub. Using a knife, poke a few holes in each potato to let steam escape so the potatoes don’t split open. Wrap potatoes tightly in foil. Place potatoes in bottom of 6 quart crock pot. Balance chicken breasts over potatoes. Bake on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours until chicken is done. The bone in chicken breasts keep the chicken good and moist.
Now it’s your turn to share your one pot wonder with us. It doesn’t matter if it’s a soup, stew, casserole or a mix and match… just so long as it will feed the family without having to cook anything else to accompany it.
Here are the guidelines to participate:
- It must be a crock pot recipe. Any recipes submitted that are not crock pot recipes will be deleted…. after all, it is a crock pot recipe exchange blog, and I just want to stick to crock pot recipes to keep it true to form.
- Please stick with this weeks theme. I know you are excited that you might have done other dinners in the crock pot for your family, but save those for another weeks exchange. This week we want to see what crock pot one pot wonders you have to offer.
- Make sure check out all of the recipes that interest you. Also make sure that you leave a comment so the person that submitted the recipe will know you visited their great creation.
- Link directly to your recipe post (it doesn’t matter how old or new it is) NOT to your homepage.
- Make sure to mention on your post that your recipe was shared at Crock Pot Recipe Exchange (just good blogger etiquette). For those that want to, you can grab the button to the left that says “Featured on Crock Pot Recipe Exchange”… I don’t mind 🙂
- Have fun….. This is a way for us all to meet other crock potters.
Next weeks theme is crock pot breakfast. If you have a favorite crock pot oatmeal, breakfast casserole or just use your crock pot to keep your gravy warm, we want to hear about it.