When I was at the grocery store last week they had chicken thighs and chicken legs on sale. Needless to say I racked up on some framily sized packs of both. Since I have so many chicken parts I’m now struggling to find something different to do with all of it. I went through the pantry and found some almost forgotten ingredients and spices and came up with crock pot pineapple teriyaki chicken.
- 4 each of chicken thighs and chicken legs, skin removed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of corstarch
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
- (1) 6 ounce can of crushed pineapple with juices
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
Place the chicken thighs and legs in an even layer as possible in a 5 – 6 quart crock pot.
In a medium sized bowl combine the brown sugar and cornstarch with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients to the brown sugar/ cornstarch mixture and thoroughly mix. Pour the mixture over top of the chicken, onions and peppers in the crock pot.
Crock Pot Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
<p>This is delicious and super easy. It was a definite crowd pleaser too.</p>
I found the original recipe here and adapted it to my taste and for the crock pot.