I love chickpeas! When I was starting to feel a little under the weather I knew I could make a soup out of them that would be hearty, brothy and comforting.
Well, that’s exactly what this did.
The flavors were wonderful together and after a bowl (or two… just sayin’) I started feeling better. It might have been the steam from the soup while I was holding the bowl right under my nose, but it definitely made me feel better.
Here is how I did it:
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic (or two cloves)
- 3 cups of chopped kale, cleaned
- 1 green onion, slice (white and green parts)
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
Put everything in a 2 – 2 1/2 quart crock pot and cook on low for 7 – 8 hours or on high for 3 – 4 hours.
Serve topped with fresh dill and a drizzle of honey.
Leave a Reply