This is an easy, but very flavorful crock pot brisket recipe. I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t love it. Here is how I make it:
- 4 pound beef brisket
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
In a 6 – 7 quart crock pot add the water, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, onions and garlic. Stir to incorporate, place the lid on top and turn to high. In the meantime in a large skillet add a couple of tablespoons of oil and turn to medium high heat. Brown the beef brisket on all sides. You’re looking for a deep brown color, but not burnt. Once the meat is browned, add it to the crock pot and turn to low. Cook for 4 – 5 hours, turning once half way through. When done cooking remove brisket from crock pot and allow to cool for 45 minutes to an hour. While you’re waiting for the brisket to cool remove the lid from the crock pot, leaving the heat on low, and allow the gravy to reduce. Once the brisket has slightly cooled slice against the grain. (I usually add sliced brisket to 9×13 glass casserole dish after slicing) Ladle the gravy over the top and serve.
Now it’s your turn to share your favorite brisket or chicken dish that you cook in the crock pot. There are just a couple of guidelines to follow:
- Make sure it’s a crock pot dish. I know you’ve done brisket and chicken in the oven and on the stove top many times, but we want to see how you make it in the crock pot.
- Link directly to your recipe and not to your homepage. This will make it easier to find your recipe down the road.
- Make sure that you mention on your post that you shared the recipe here with all of us (just good blogger etiquette).
- This is intended for us to meet other crock pot lovers so have fun!