Here is how Ronni at Tasty Family Creations does crock pot corned beef and cabbage. I can’t wait to give this a try. Thanks for sharing Ronni!
Here is how she does it:
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2″ thick pieces
- 1 – 3 pound corned beef brisket, with spice packet
- 1 cabbage (about 2 pounds) cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Cooking Spray
Spray crock pot with cooking spray (I use Olive Oil spray). Arrange potatoes on the bottom of crock pot. Place corned beef brisket on top of potatoes. Now arrange the wedges of cabbage on top of the brisket. Evenly sprinkle the spice packet over top and then add water. Cook on low for 7 – 8 hours, just until brisket and vegetables are tender. Go here for original recipe.
Thanks again for sharing Ronni! This sounds like such a comforting fall/ winter dish.
- I would guess since it’s a 3 pound piece of brisket with added veggies that you would want to use at least a 4 – 6 quart crock pot to cook it in. Just make sure everything fits with just a little bit of head room at the top.
- I don’t know why this recipe couldn’t be cooked on high. If I were going to cook it on high I would start checking the brisket and vegetables after 3 hours.