This is a super easy way to do crock pot lasagna. It’s also a definite crowd pleaser. I just put it on in the morning and throw a salad together when I get home and dinners done.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- jar of your favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce (I use a large jar)
- 12 ounce container of ricotta cheese
- 2 – 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 1 package of fresh ravioli (such as Bertolli) I use meat filled, but you could use cheese filled if you want to
Over medium heat, brown the ground meat and onion. Drain any fat off of meat when it’s completely cooked. Add jar of sauce to meat mixture and incorporate thoroughly. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl combine the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
In the bottom of a lightly greased crock pot (I use a 3 1/2 – 5 quart crock pot) spoon a little of the meat/ sauce mixture to coat the bottom. Now add an even layer of ravioli (it is NOT required to precook this before adding) followed by a layer of the cheese mixture. Top it off with a third of the sauce. Continue these layers until you have a total of 3, ending with sauce on top. Cook on low for 7 – 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 – 4 hours. The last hour of cooking, remove the lid and add the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Crock Pot Recipe Exchange is featured on ,, , and No Whine Wednesday.
Leave a Reply