This is one of those recipes that I put on in the morning when everyone is running late and I don’t even have time to get all the ingredients chopped myself (you know the kinda mornings I’m talkin’ about, right? RIGHT!) And it never fails, the hurriedness of the morning NEVER fails to carry over into that evening….. well, this is a great go to recipe for those kinda days. OH YEAH! It’s good too 🙂
- 4 cups (or 32 ounces) of chicken stock
- 1 – 28 ounce bag of frozen Ore Ida O’brian style potatoes
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham (can be deli ham, leftover ham from the holiday or even bacon for that matter
- 1 8 ounce block of cream cheese
- instant mashed potatoes (to thicken if it’s too thin… no measurement because I always eyeball it)
In a 4 – 5 quart crock pot, add the can of cream of chicken soup and the chicken broth. Whisk until blended well. Now add the potatoes, onions and ham. Cook on high for 4 – 5 hours or low for 7 – 8 hours. The last hour of cooking before serving, stir in the block of ROOM TEMPERATURE cream cheese. If the soup is not thick enough for your liking, stir in some instant mashed potato flakes to thicken.
This recipe shared at Monday Mania, Made ByYou Monday Homemaker Monday, Desert Drivel, Tuesday Night Supper Club, Delicious Dishes, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, What’s On Your Plate, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Ultimate Recipe Swap, Friday’s Kid Tested Recipes and $5 Dinners.