This recipe does great in a 3 – 5 quart crock pot. This is one of my favorite “quicky” crock pot recipes…. after all, who can pass up crock pot chicken and dumplings, right?
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 small can of chicken broth
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
- 2 (10 ounce) of “womp-um biscuits” (or probably better known as refrigerator biscuits), with each biscuit cut into quarters
Evenly layer the chicken on the bottom of your crockery. Try your best to disperse the butter evenly over the chicken. In a medium sized bowl mix the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, black pepper, salt and poultry seasoning until well incorporated. Pour this mixture over the chicken. Now add the onion. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 – 7 hours or on high for 4 – 5 hours. During the last hour of cooking, carefully add the biscuit quarters (one at a time, and submerging each one before adding another). They will plump up considerably. It is ready to serve when the center of the “dumplings” are no longer doughy.
This recipe is part of recipe swap.
Leave a Reply