My husband loves peanut butter cups. He loves them so much that when the holidays roll around we have to buy the mini ones wrapped in green, red and gold, we have to buy the snowman shaped ones, as well as the tree shaped ones… and lets not forget the 1/2 pound ones. Needless to say we have lots peanut butter cups on hand at all times right now.
In true to ME fashion I had to find something to do with them other than putting them in cakes, cookies, mousse and pies. So of course, you know me, I thought of doing something in the crock pot. And this cold weather prompted me to add milk to the crock pot and heat it up…. then add some chopped peanut butter cups. Oh My GAWSH!! I know what I’ll be doing with all the leftover candy from now on…. SERIOUSLY delicious! Here is how I did it: Ingredients:
- 8 cups of milk (regular, 2%, soy or lactose free work fine… your choice)
- a bag of miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped and roughly chopped (it equals about 32 – 40 candies)
- whipped cream or marshmallows, optional
- Pour milk into crock pot.
- Place lid on and turn to low. Let warm up for 1 – 2 hours.
- Put the chopped peanut butter cups into the warm milk and whisk throughly. You want to make sure the chocolate/ peanut butter doesn’t have a chance to stick to the crockery.
- Place lid on and continue to heat for 30 minutes on low.
- Serve in heat proof mugs and top with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.
*NOTE* If you want this to sit in the crock pot for an event or gathering turn to the WARM setting on your crock pot and whisk before ladling into mugs.
Leave a Reply