This dip is sooooo good! I’m not biased or anything either (I swear, really I’m not). It is a perfect dip for parties, especially football parties, and goes great with dippers such as celery sticks too–not just tortilla chips. We used to make sure that we ALWAYS had hot wings for any football get together, but now I just make this instead. HUGE hit (and a lot less messy).
- 3 cups cooked chicken cut up into small chunks (I use a rotisserie chicken for this from the grocery store. You could also use two cans of chicken that you can find on canned meats isle if you wanted to.)
- 2 – 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of ranch dressing OR blue cheese dressing, whatever you would normally dip your hot wings in (I’ve used both-at different times of course-and both are good)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of hot sauce (I use Frank’s, but any would work)
In a 2 – 3 quart crock pot, dump all of the ingredients in. Cook on low for about 2 hours. Remove lid and stir. Continue cooking until cheeses are completely melted (this takes about another hour in my crock pot). Turn crock pot off (or to the warm setting if yours has one) and serve with Tostito’s Scoops, Frito’s Corn Chips or your favorite tortilla chips.
This recipe shared at Tasty Tuesday Bloghop, Tuesday Night Supper Club, Cookbook Sundays, Life as Mom and Good Cheap Eats.
Leave a Reply