As I continue in my quest of crock pot ice cream toppings for our ice cream social I’m trying to think outside of the box. My husband likes the pecans in the syrup, you know… the ones you can find in jars in the ice cream cone/ toppings isle. So he actually suggested something with nuts. That’s when I thought of sugary sweet pecan praline…. warm and gooey on top of ice cream. IT WAS GOOOOOOOD! And super easy to throw together in the crock pot.
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, divided
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans
- 1 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 5 ounce can of evaporated milk
- Turn 2 quart crock pot to high.
- Place 1/4 cup of butter in bottom to melt.
- Once melted, add pecans and toss to coat.
- Cook for 30 – 45 minutes, just enough to toast, stirring twice.
- Remove pecans with slotted spoon and place on plate until ready to use.
- Add remaining butter and let melt.
- Add brown sugar, flour and corn syrup. Whisk to incorporate well.
- Cook on high until sugar is completely dissolved, about 45 minutes to an hour. If sugar does not completely dissolve it will cause the sauce to be grainy in texture.
- Turn to warm setting and add evaporated milk. Stir to incorporate. You should have a beautiful golden color of sauce.
- Stir in toasted pecans and keep on warm stirring when needed.
Go here to see the Crock Pot Hot Nutella Ice Cream Topping recipe.