In a quest to do something different with cranberries for the holiday table this is what I came up with.
I wish I had some great story of how this recipe was passed down from generation to generation, but I don’t.
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups of chopped pecans
- zest and juice of one naval orange
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
Now remove the lid and let continue cooking until it’s reduced to preferred thickness.
This is best if made a couple of days in advanced and refrigerated. That will allow time for all the flavors to marry and fully develop.
Serve as an accompaniment to your holiday dinner.