When Miss Maddy and I were brainstorming on what kind of hot chocolate to make next in the crock pot it was a very hard decision. There are just so many options when it comes to hot chocolate flavors that we literally did Rock, Paper, Scissors to help us decide. Yes, I know, that is just how we roll 🙂
What a great decision that we made. This crock pot pumpkin pie hot chocolate is hands down one of the best hot chocolates yet. It literally tastes like warm pumpkin pie in a mug. It was such a favorite that we fought over who got the last little bit. And by fight I mean the hubs and I let Miss Maddy have it and looked at each other with the stink eye.
I have got to get some clear mugs for picture taking!
My favorite new toy!Normally when I make hot chocolate in the crock pot I have to lift the lid and stir every few minutes to (1) make sure that everything is staying incorporated and (2) that it isn’t sticking or scorching to one side of the crock pot. Well, let me tell you how awesome the 6 quart Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker with the iStir™ Stirring System is. The general use paddle worked perfectly for this. It automatically stirred the contents every 30 minutes. This was fantastic because it freed up my time so I could do other things other than stir. I can’t wait to try sauces, soups, dips and other beverages in this one. It is going to be AWESOME with all the holiday entertaining coming up. There is also a stew paddle that I imagine is going to be awesome not only with stews, but chunky soups such as loaded baked potato soup. What a great gift to give this holiday season …… just sayin’!
Okay, now back to the awesome crock pot pumpkin pie hot chocolate recipe. This was so easy and so delicious. All of your guests are going to ask for the recipe.
- 5 cups of milk (any will work: whole, skim, lactose free, almond, etc.)
- 2 cups of pure pumpkin puree OR 1 – 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups of premium white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- whipped cream or marshmallows for topping (optional)
- Pour milk, pumpkin puree and condensed milk into crock pot.
- Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Place lid on and turn to low for 1 hour.
- Stir every 30 minutes (or just let your iStir™ Stirring System do the work).
- Remove lid and add chocolate chips and pumpkin pie spice.
- Cover and continue to let heat until chips completely melt (usually 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes) stirring every 30 minutes (or again… let your iStir™ Stirring System do the work).
- Just before serving turn to the warm setting and add vanilla extract. Stir to incorporate.
- Serve in heatproof mugs and top with marshmallows and whipped cream.
**We have a WINNER!!! Thanks to everyone who participated in the giveaway. Make sure you visit Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker’s website for all of your slow cooking needs.**
Now that I have given you new Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker envy, you will have a chance to win one for yourself. Yes, one exactly like mine with the iStir™ Stirring System! You are gonna love it as much as I do. Did I mention it has a locking lid. Did I also mention that you can use the lid without the stirring system? It also has a countdown digital timer and automatically goes to warm when the time is up. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! Now be sure to enter below for your chance to be the proud owner of one.
**Disclaimer** I was given the product described in post above for use and review. One lucky winner (Resident of Continental US and 18 years or older) is going to win the same exact product as described. There was no monies or compensation given. The opinions expressed in this post are solely mine.
Leave a Reply