As we continue to be busy trying to keep progress up on our new house, crock pot meals are on the table constantly. As I’ve continually stalked looked on pinterest I’ve found lots of great ideas for meals. This one proved to be nothing but fantastic. As usual, I tweeked a few things from the original recipe, but it turned out delicious.
- 3-4 lb chuck roast, boneless
- 1 Tablespoon of chili powder
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
- (2) 10 ounce cans of red enchilada sauce, heated
- sour cream, optional
- bib lettuce, washed and drained, left whole
- tortilla’s for those that don’t like lettuce (just sayin’)
In a medium sized mixing bowl add chili powder, minced garlic, cumin, ground pepper and salt. Mix together thoroughly.
Using all of the spice mix, completely rub the outside of the chuck roast while massaging it into the meat. Let sit for 30 minutes.
Place roast into a 6 quart crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for 8 – 10 hours or on high for 4 – 5 hours.
Once cooked completely, shred meat using two forks and serve on lettuce leaves and/ or tortillas and top with enchilada sauce and sour cream.