Hard boiling eggs with a crock pot?!?! You read that right…. hard boiled eggs (which technically were not boiled and didn’t even use water) cooked perfectly with the crock pot.
Watch the video below to see exactly how I made this happen successfully.
- Put a single layer of eggs directly out of fridge into a cold (NOT preheated) 6 quart crock pot with NO water added.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 1 hour 45 minutes for medium eggs, 2 hours for large eggs.
- Turn crock pot off at end of cook time. Remove lid and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Using a spoon or tongs place eggs into clean, empty sink and run cold tap water over eggs for a few minutes. **TIP** If you try putting them in a bowl of cold tap water the heat from the eggs turns the water warm very quickly. That’s why I just ran them under the tap.
- After cooled completely you can dye for Easter or peel and use as wanted.
Leave a Reply