On nights that I want to do soup and sandwiches, this crock pot chicken vegetable soup is THE perfect fall/ winter soup. It’s very brothy, yet hardy. Our favorite way to eat it is with peanut butter and honey sandwiches (makes me think of the cafeteria sandwiches when I was in grade school (do y’all remember those?).
Here is how I do it:
- 1 pound of chicken breast tenders
- 1 – 16 ounce package of frozen veggies (I like the potato, onion, celery and carrot combo)
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can of stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage (I just use the coleslaw mix from the produce department)
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
Pour the tomatoes into a 2 – 3 quart crock pot. Add the chicken, frozen veggies, cabbage, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cook on high for 3 – 3 1/2 hours or on low for 4 1/2 – 5 hours. Serve with your favorite sandwiches. It usually serves 3 – 4 people.