When most people think of spaghetti they think of a hearty meat sauce laden with peppers, onions, garlic and beef. My crock pot chicken spaghetti is just as hearty and meaty, it’s just not so heavy on the peppers, onions, garlic and beef.
This chicken spaghetti recipe does well in the crock pot. The flavors hit those salty and sweet notes that darn near make a flavor explosion in your mouth. Here is how I do it:
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken tenders (I like to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs too)
- (1) 26.5 ounce can or jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- (1) 5.75 jar of green olives (I use the pimento stuffed olives), sliced
- (1) 16 ounce package frozen peas and carrots, thawed and patted dry
- (1) 4.5 ounce jar of sliced mushrooms
- (1) 1 lb box of spaghetti cooked to package directions just before serving
Place the chicken in the bottom of a 2 1/2 – 3 quart crock pot.
Pour the spaghetti sauce over top of the chicken.
Cook on high for 2 – 3 hours or on low for 4 – 5 hours.
Using a two forks, shred the chicken and add the olives, peas & carrots and mushrooms.
*TIP*This is how I get a chunky sauce AND lots of nutrition into my family…. yes, BY BEING SNEAKY! No one has ever mentioned the peas and carrots that are in the sauce. I do make sure to buy the package of diced carrots and peas though. You could also add chopped frozen spinach, broccoli or corn. All will provide a slight sweet undertone to your dish.