When I saw this and realized it was one of those “look in your pantry and you have everything to make it” recipes, I was determined to give it a try. The love also went up a notch when I realized I didn’t have to make a pie crust. What could be better than crock pot chicken “pot pie” stew for a cold winter day? Pretty much nothing.
Thanks for sharing Julie!
Here is how she does it:
– 3-5 Frozen Chicken Breasts – I leave whole and use large pieces – they fall apart when finished
– 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
– 1 Can Cream of Potato Soup
– 1 Can Mixed Vegetables – I use “Veg-All”
– 1 Can Sliced New Potatoes
– 1 Tablespoon Dried Onion Flakes
Place chicken in crock-pot, mix all other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cook 8-10 hours on low. Remove chicken and cut or pull apart, thicken stew, if desired, with some flour or Wondra flour for gravy. Put the chicken back in crock-pot to keep warm. Serve with cresent rolls or other dinner rolls and it tastes just like Chicken Pot Pie! I also serve w/a salad. This receipe can easily be doubled or modified to fit what your family likes!
- I used a 4 – 5 quart crock pot to make this.
- I didn’t feel the need to thicken it with flour (and I’m not sure what Wondra flour is), but if you don’t have flour I would say that cornstarch would work too. If you use cornstarch, remember to mix a little of it with water before adding it to the pot or you will end up with lumps.
- It is great served over biscuits. I generally don’t have crescent rolls or dinner rolls on hand, but I always have the makings for biscuits.
- If your short on time, I would imagine that you could cook it on high for 4 – 5 hours.
- I drained and rinsed the can of Veg-All and the can of sliced new potatoes (which probably explains why I didn’t need to add a thickener to it).
- I also added 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper. I just thought it might need it (to me it’s strange to not have any seasonings at all in a recipe).
Thanks again Julie for sharing your amazingly delicious and easy stew with us.
Chicken “Pot Pie” Crock Pot Stew
See Chicken “Pot Pie” Crock Pot Stew on Key Ingredient.
This recipe shared at Potluck Sunday and Grocery Cart Challenge.
Leave a Reply