Thanks to Carrie for sharing her crock pot French dip recipe. Here is how she does it:
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 – 10.5 ounce can of condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 – 10.5 ounce can of condensed beef consume
- 1 – 10.5 ounce can of condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of beef broth granules
- 1 Tablespoon of insant coffee granules (I prefer Folgers)
Place chuck roast in crock pot. In a medium sized bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour over roast. Cook on low for 10 hours. If using a 4 lb roast, add a 1/2 soup can of water.
Once cooked, shred beef and place on rolls that have been toasted under the broiler. Place a piece of provolone (or cheese of your choice) on top of shredded beef. Dip in broth from the crock pot and ENJOY!
- I would guess that you should use at least a 3 – 4 quart crock pot. Just make sure your roast fits in the crock pot nicely, not overcrowded or too full once the soup mixtures are added.
- The leftovers would make great meat pies or barbecue.